Rare and Old Photos

The Museums photographic collection contains many original and rare photos of Seguin and Guadalupe County dating as far back as the 1880s. This section represents a small part of that collection. Many of these rare and old photos where collected by Nelda Kubbla to help preserve the photo documentation of Seguin. After the Museum was founded, we have had several donors donate their old photos including portraits, family and group shots and views of the town. The Museum continues to add to its collection in the hopes of preserving the early photographic history of Seguin and Guadalupe County just as Nelda did.

 

Title: First National Bank, Corner of Austin and Court St.
Photographer: Halm
Date: 1908-1910

Title: The Third Guadalupe County Courthouse with Standpipe in Central Park
Photographer: Unknown
Date: 1900-1905

Title: The Third Guadalupe County Courthouse
Photographer: Unknown
Date: 1894

Title: The Third Guadalupe County Courthouse
Photographer: Sturdevant
Date 1883

Title: St. Josephs Academy
Photographer: Conrad
Date: June 12, 1904

Title: Tiemann School
Photographer: Conrad
Date: March 22, 1904

 

Title: “Coming Fire-Fighters of Seguin”
Photographer: Halm
Date: 1911

Title: Seguin Firefighters in front of the first Fire Station of Seguin
Photographer: Hickson
Date: 1883

Title: Gentlemen’s Group Shot
Photographer: Conrad
Date: 1903

Sturdevant’s Views of Seguin, Texas
A rare collection of photos by established photographer Sturdevant. The Museum contains only four original photos out of the twenty-five photo set.

 

 

Title: “Spanish Dagger (single)”       Title: “Bananas in Central Park”
Photographer: Sturdevant                Photographer: Sturdevant
Date: 1891                                            Date: 1891

 

Title: “MillersFallsfrom Bridge”                        Title: “West from Court House”
Photographer: Sturdevant                                 Photographer: Sturdevant
Date: 1891                                                            Date: 1891

 

Sturdevant’s View of Seguin, Texas- Stereograph Cards

Image Courtesy of Southern Methodist University, Central University Libraries, DeGolyer Library

Title: “East from Court House”, On RiverSt.-J.Jahn Furniture Store, Magnolia Hotel, and old Jail
Photographer: Sturdevant
Date: 1884

This image is originally from a set of twenty-one stereograph cards produced by Sturdevant. The Museum does not own any of the originals, only copies of two. The photo below show what it the original stereograph cards looked liked.

Image Courtesy of Southern Methodist University, Central University Libraries, DeGolyer Library

Title: “North-West from Court House”, Austin and Court St.
Photographer: Sturdevant
Date: 1884

This image is originally from a set of twenty-one stereograph cards produced by Sturdevant. The Museum does not own any of the originals, only copies of two. The photo below show what it the original stereograph cards looked liked.

For information about photo reproduction and research, click here.

ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE SEGUIN-GUADALUPE COUNTY HERITAGE MUSEUM, INC.