The earliest know resident photographer in Seguin was E.K. Sturdevant. Some of his best works were photos of Guadalupe, Bexar and Wilson Counties. Other Early photographers included Serdinko, Rice and Hickson. Most of their studios were located in the first few blocks of North Austin Street.
Halm, a prolific photographer, established his studio in the early 1910s and then sold the studio to Eberhard around 1920 who then sold it in 1932 to Mr. and Mrs. Willie Weiss.
For many of these photographers, the exact location of their studios is lost. The dates they operated or what happened to their collections of photo’s and negative’s remains a mystery. The Museum has been able to collect a few of their photos in hopes of better understanding Seguin’s photographic past.